Sneak it in Week is from April 8th-12th. So put those sneakers on and get ready to integrate physical activity into your work week!
Lead by ParticipACTION, Sneak it in Week motivates Canadian’s to be physically active in and around the workplace. The program shows individuals how easy it can be to sneak some activity breaks into the daily grind (e.g. walk and talks, small yoga and stretch breaks, errands, or shopping etc.).
Sneak it in Week also highlights a key message from the Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines.
What is it?
Even small bouts of physical activity, e.g. 10 minutes, can significantly improve your health and fitness and be added up over the week to reach the guidelines.
Below are some ideas for some sneaky 10 minute bouts that will help improve your health, give you energy and boost your mood for the rest of the day and increase your productivity:
- Get off public transit a couple stops early
- Park in the furthest spot possible
- Walk past the elevator and take the stairs
- Go shopping or do a couple errands on foot
- Schedule meetings as "walk and talks"
- Reserve the board room for group exercise breakout sessions (e.g. zumba, aerobics, pilates, power yoga)
- Take a walk to the park or zip around the building a couple times for some fresh air and clarity!
- Contact the Physical Activity Line at 8-1-1 for FREE advice on how you can sneak physical activity into your day
References and resources: