Summer is that time of year for fresh salmon on the BBQ. But have you tried it west coast style? Try this recipe from Debbie Houle.
Preheat barbecue grill to medium
- 6 Pieces salmon filet (about 1.5 lbs/750 g total)
- ¼ cup Light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Lightly packed brown sugar
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down on a large piece of foil. Fold foil to form a lip around the edges.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Spread evenly over fillets. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar.
- Place foil on preheated grill, close lid and grill for 10-12 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Reprinted with permission © Cook Great Food. Dietitians of Canada. 2001. Published by Robert Rose Inc. Order at http://www.amazon.ca/Dietitians-Canada-Cook-Recipes-Celebrate/dp/0778802612 or visit www.dietitians.ca/Store.aspx.