So, what are some of the common reasons why some people aren't active?
"I don't have time."
"I'm too tired."
"I don't like it."
Seem to come up often. Physical activity is worth the effort.
It's connected with a lower risk for chronic conditions such as cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, depression, stress, some types of cancers and anxiety. In fact, you can reduce your risk of many of these conditions by as much as 40% if you lead an active lifestyle.
Fast Fact - Canada's Physical Activity Guidelines recommend at least 60 minutes every day for children and youth (5-17yrs), less than one year of age: active several times a day, children aged 1-4: 180 minutes a day and adults: 150 minutes a week.
5 Reasons to Exercise and Be Physically Active:
- Feel more energized!
- Maintain a healthy body weight.
- Improve overall appearance.
- Better able to manage stress.
- Decrease risk of illness.
To help you lead a more active and healthier lifestyle, we've rounded up some of our top information on fitting in physical activity:
- Getting Started With Your Physical Fitness
- Sit Less, Move More
- 5 Ways to Keep Fit at Home
- The Benefits of Keeping Fit at Home
- Back to School...Staying Active
- The Health Benefits of Hiking
Don’t forget to contact the Physical Activity Line for free one on one advice to get more movement into your day.