The end of the year often brings with it a time of reflection. During 2017, we at HealthyFamilies BC tried to cover a broad range of food and nutrition topics to support you and your family to eat healthy. The number of visits to our blog posts tell us that many people were curious about diet trends like the Ketogenic diet and “clean eating.” Others were looking for guidance on meeting their family’s nutrition needs and ways to incorporate more plant-based foods into their meals. Here are our ten most popular healthy eating blogs of 2017:
- How Much Protein do Teens Need?
- Ketogenic Diet: Is Going Low Carb Healthy?
- Healthier School Lunches and Snacks for Busy Families
- What is Clean Eating?
- Tasty Ways to Add Veggie Tops to Meals
- Cooking with Lentils
- Meeting Nutrition Needs of Vegetarian Teens
- Understanding Best Before Dates on Food Packaging
- Healthy Eating for a Healthier Weight
- Brussels Sprouts – the Underrated Vegetable
Now, we are planning for 2018. What topics would you like us to cover? To answer this question, think about your own eating goals.
Try using the SMART formula and make goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time oriented. Having specific and realistic goals sets you up for success rather than disappointment. If there are blog post topics that may help support you to meet your goals, comment below!
Happy New Year!
Dietitians of Canada: Healthy Bodies: Tips for Teens