Do you like Greek salads? How about trying it on a stick - how cool is that?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Makes 6 servings
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) slices English cucumber
- 12 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) cubes feta cheese
- 12 1⁄2-inch (1 cm) squares red bell pepper
- 6 black olives, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup tzatziki sauce (75 mL)
1. Thread ingredients onto skewers in the following order: 1 tomato, 1 slice cucumber, 1 cube cheese, 1 square red pepper, 1 slice cucumber, 1 cube cheese, 1 square red pepper, 1 olive.
2. Serve with tzatziki sauce for dipping.
TIP: Ranch dressing makes a good substitute for tzatziki sauce, and children might prefer it.
NUTRIENTS Per Serving
- Calories: 56
- Protein: 3 g
- Fat: 4.4 g
- Carbohydrate: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Sodium: 216 mg
- Source of: vitamin A, vitamin C, riboflavin, vitamin B6, folacin, vitamin B12, calcium, zinc
Reprinted with permission © Simply Great Food. Dietitians of Canada. 2007. Published by Robert Rose Inc. http://www.dietitians.ca/Store.aspx