Another year has begun!
You may have written down one or more New Year’s resolutions you want to achieve this year. Or maybe you’re thinking about how you’d like to improve your lifestyle but don’t know where to start. Either way, avoid creating a giant list of daunting “things to do.” Instead set small, manageable goals. To help you succeed, we’ve compiled this list of our best blogs and articles about goal setting:
- Reasonable New Year's Resolutions: Rather than setting a goal that’s unlikely to be met, try reflecting on some of the positive changes that you’ve already made and resolve to do more of the good things you already do.
- Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals: The most effective goals are S.M.A.R.T. – specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time oriented. This way of goal setting guides you in taking small steps and tracking your changes over time to meet or exceed goals.
- Implementing Reasonable Health and Fitness Changes: Every step and every move you make counts towards reaching your goals. Focus on small changes, set S.M.A.R.T. goals, find support, and reward yourself – four strategies to help you stick to and reach goals.
- Healthy Eating Goals You Can Achieve: Eating habits that have taken a lifetime to form are hard to change overnight. Start small – pick one of these ten simple healthy eating goals and try it out for at least a month.
- Getting Started with Your Physical Fitness: Physical activity doesn't have to involve classes or expensive equipment. From walking and jogging to gardening and housework, consider these ideas to fit physical activity into your daily routine.
- How to Quit Smoking for Good: It takes, on average, six times of attempting to quit smoking before someone successfully quits for life. Instead of pressuring yourself to quit right away or feeling guilty if you were unsuccessful, use these resources for help.
Reasonable New Year's Resolutions
Set S.M.A.R.T. Goals
Implementing Reasonable Health and Fitness Changes
Healthy Eating Goals You Can Achieve
Getting Started with Your Physical Fitness
How to Quit Smoking for Good