After over 95 articles, the HFBC team thought it would be a good idea to dedicate a blog to the Physical Activity Line (PAL).
So here is what you need to know...
What is the Physical Activity Line?
The Physical Activity Line is British Columbia's primary physical activity counselling service and your FREE phone line and online resource to active, healthy living. PAL is made available to the public thanks to funding from the BC Ministry of Health.
PAL is your source for trusted physical activity information and professional guidance to help you become more physically active and lead a healthier lifestyle. PAL also provides evidenced-based resources to support health professionals and community health and fitness programs. Here is a list of services offered by PAL
Who will you talk to when you call PAL?
PAL is staffed by nationally recognized qualified exercise professionals certified through the Health & Fitness Program of BC. They have undergraduate and/or graduate degrees in exercise science and advanced training in clinical exercise prescription.
What are people saying about PAL?
- "This is an amazing resource for Canadians! Thank you!" I find the interaction very helpful and I hope to continue using the program throughout my weight loss journey and beyond!"
- "I really appreciate this call, I really do! This has been a very important call for me...I’m going to make action and take it!"
When & how can I contact PAL?
- The phone lines are open Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM PST.
- TOLL FREE: 1-877-725-1149 | LOWER MAINLAND: 604-241-2266
- You can also email your physical activity questions to email@example.com
No matter what your healthy living goal is, PAL is here to help all British Columbians in improving their health through physical activity education, prescription, motivation, and continuous positivity.