Let’s face it: you make a mean chili. Or maybe your family recipe for coconut lentil soup is to die for. Either way, since you probably can’t invite all of BC into your home for a bowl, do the next best thing: take part in our online soup and stew cook-off!
Get your culinary juices flowing, share your best recipe for a soup or stew and inspire other readers to cook your special recipe for their families.
Here’s how it works:
- Choose a favourite original recipe (one that you’ve created or adapted) for a meal style soup or stew
- Prepare the dish and take a picture of it
- Submit the recipe and picture by email to email@example.com by September 29, 2015
- Check back on October 13, 2015 to see the winning recipe
Submissions will be accepted from September 15 to 29, 2015.
Dean and I, as HealthyFamilies BC bloggers, Registered Dietitians, and no strangers to the kitchen, will judge the recipes. Recipes will be shortlisted based on the criteria that are used for assessing freshly prepared food for sale in B.C. schools (mixed Entrée category, page 27 of the Guidelines). Recipes that score as “Sell” will be shortlisted; then judged on taste, availability of ingredients (think about what’s in season) and simplicity.
The winning recipe (and picture) will be featured right here - on HealthyFamilies BC - October 13, 2015.
Before submitting your recipe be sure you can answer “yes” to each of the following questions:
- Is your recipe for a soup or stew?
- Is your recipe suitable to eat as the main part of a meal?
- Does your recipe have core ingredients from 2 or more food groups from Canada’s Food Guide?
- Is your recipe an original (you created it) or did you remember to credit the person or source that developed it?
- Did you include a picture of your finished recipe?
Please note: With your submission you are declaring that the recipe is your own and is an original, unless you have cited the original source of the recipe.
Good luck and we can’t wait to taste your creations!