Autumn is sweeping across our beautiful province, changing leaves from green to orange and (of course) bringing colder weather. While digging out your scarves and sweaters from the back of the closet, why not dust off the ol’ slow cooker or large soup cooking pot too! Here are our five favourite recipes to warm chilly bones on fall days:
- Slow Cooker Pork, Sweet Potato and Kale: Serve this tender meat, sweet potato and kale dish with dinner rolls and a green salad for a hearty meal.
- Roasted Cauliflower and Red Pepper Soup: This soup not only offers great flavor, but the colours and textures are attractive as well. Roasting intensifies the flavours of the vegetables.
- Tortilla Soup: Warm up from the inside out with a hot bowl of this soup. Ready in 30 minutes or less.
- Vegetarian Chili: Delicious, rich in fibre and low in fat. Garnish with chopped green or red onion and a dollop of light sour cream if so desired.
- Turkey Tortellini Soup: Try this one now, or wait for after Thanksgiving to use up left leftover turkey from the holidays.