The days are getting longer, the temperature is rising and as a result, the shorts, sundresses, and runners are coming out of hibernation.
YES! Summer is just around the corner and there’s no better way to kick it off than getting outdoors this Victoria Day Long weekend with your family (children, siblings & parents) and friends!
Here are a few ideas to get MOVING!
- Hit the local trails or waterfront for a long walk, light jog, rollerblade or bike ride.
- Have a picnic. (Bring along some balls for the kids to kick and throw, a frisbee for FIDO and don’t forget to include a nice 15-30 minute walk before AND after eating.)
- Unleash the woodsman in you and go camping with the family. (While camping you can go fishing, canoeing, chop wood to burn some calories, and go on long nature walks.The stress busting peace and harmony that the untouched nature provides is priceless!)
- Get on the water for a paddle! (Lots of beautiful views from the water in BC! Plus, the rental prices won’t break the bank!)
- Set up a family or neighbourhood wide game of capture the flag.
- Fine tune your golf swing on the course or hit the driving range with kids.
- Take the family to a local lake or inlet for some fishing followed by a nice long walk.
- Put on your court shoes and challenge your kids and family to a friendly tennis or basketball match.
For more ideas call the Physical Activity Line, 8-1-1. It’s FREE!
When getting outdoors don't forget to cover up, use suntan lotion and keep well hydrated!
Remember: Every step you take and every move you make counts!
PS. I would love to hear what you have planned to get outdoors with your families this long weekend. Please comment below and get the community talking!