Enjoy this colourful coleslaw made using red and green cabbage - a side dish ready that can be ready in just 15 minutes!
Makes: 6 servings
- 4 cups (1 L) finely shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups (500 mL) finely shredded red cabbage
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup (125 mL) thinly sliced celery
- ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) celery seeds
- Pinch pepper
- In large bowl, toss together green and red cabbage, carrots, celery and parsley.
- In small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, sugar, celery seeds and pepper. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat.
- Storage: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Creamy Coleslaw Dressing Version: Whisk together ¼ cup (50 mL) each plain yogurt and light mayonnaise, 2 tbsp (25 mL) cider vinegar, 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard, 2 tsp (10 mL) granulated sugar and ½ tsp (2 mL) celery seed.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 79 Fat: 5 g Saturated: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 39 mg Potassium: 302 mg Carbohydrates: 8 g Fibre: 2 g Protein: 1 g
Reprinted with permission by the Heart and Stroke Foundation.