Here we are in the latter half of summer. The weather is fabulous and we want you to get outside and enjoy it! In this blog, we’re doing something a little special; we’re offering up a challenge - a two week Walking Challenge. Here’s how it works;
- Walk 30 minutes (or more!) six days a week for two weeks
- You can breakdown the 30 minutes into 3x10 minutes, or 2x15 minutes blocks
- Try and get two friends to join you for a walk each week Track your progress using this simple printable walking log (keeping a log can help you stay motivated).
Why you should participate:
- Walking is a great activity benefiting your heart health, bone density, and muscle endurance
- You may inspire a friend or family member to make a positive change. Leading by example is a great way to role model positive behaviour for kids as well – you’re literally ‘walking the talk’
- Going for a walk provides an excellent opportunity for you to take a break from the busyness of life. Making time to get outside in the fresh air is one of the best ways to combat stress.
- Scheduling walks at the same time each day is a good way to be consistent.
- Wearing a pedometer is a fun and affordable way to stay motivated. Maybe you can reach 10,000 every day by the end of the two Week Challenge!