Yield: 4 servings
100g Tofu, soft
100g Tofu, extra firm
3 Egg whites
200ml Fortified soy beverage, unsweetened
25g Shelled shrimp
½ cup Frozen mixed vegetables
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp vegetable oil
100ml Vegetable or chicken stock, low sodium
½ tsp Sugar
2 tsp Cornstarch
- Drain and dice the soft tofu into cubes.
- Mix the egg whites with fortified soy beverage, set aside.
- Place the soft tofu into a deep dish and pour the egg white mixture over it. Cover with foil.
- Steam over medium heat for 10 minutes until set.
- Rinse the shrimp and drain the extra firm tofu, dice and season with pepper.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in wok, add shrimp, extra firm tofu and mixed vegetable (from frozen), stir fry for a minute.
- Add sauce to wok, cook until boiled. Pour mixture over the steamed egg white, serve immediately.
Recipe is by: Jo Jo Wang, RD