Hummus is a tasty and healthy option to have any day of the week as a nutritious snack, spread, or dressing for a side dish. You might want to try and serve it at your next party.
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 green onions
- 2-4 large cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) each lemon juice and tahini
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each ground cumin and salt.
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) lower-fat plain yogurt
- chopped onion, tomato, parsley
Instructions: In a food processor or blender, puree chick peas, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, tahini and seasonings until smooth. Mix in yogurt. Garnish with onion, tomato and parsley. Chill or serve at room temperature.
Reprinted with permission © Cook! Dietitians of Canada. 2011. Published by Robert Rose Inc. Order at http://www.amazon.ca/Dietitians-Canada-Cook-Recipes-Celebrate/dp/0778802612 or visit www.dietitians.ca/