Fruit salads are a delicious dessert that you can make in less than ten minutes. A fruit salad can also be a perfect way to start your morning or the perfect snack during any time of day. If you want to know how to make fruit salad, just follow these simple steps.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 9-10 servingsIngredients:
- 1 jar (540 mL) unsweetened Pineapple Chunks
- 1/2 jar (270 mL) unsweetened Mandarin Oranges, drained
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh or unsweetened frozen strawberries
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) grated lime peel (optional)
- 2 tbsp (25mL) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15mL) honey
- Drain pineapple; reserve 1/4 cup (50 mL) of the juice.
- Combine pineapple, oranges, banana, kiwi, and strawberries in large serving bowl. Stir together reserved pineapple juice, lime peel, lime juice, and honey in small bowl.
- Pour over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Calories: 72 calories Fat: 0 g Saturated: 0 g Cholesterol: 0 mg Sodium: 2 mg Potassium: 186 mg Carbohydrates: 19 g Fibre: 1 g Protein: 1 g
To view original post visit: http://www.healthcheck.org/recipe/honey-lime-fruit-toss
Reprinted with permission by the Heart and Stroke Foundation.