This refreshing summer dessert is easy to make and has a stunning presentation. Have your family choose their favourite fruit, juice and sorbet every time you make it. Fruit is the ultimate healthy dessert, and this one is a crowd-pleaser.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Chilling time: 1 hour
Makes: 6 servingsINGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups finely diced fruit (750 mL)
- 6 cups tropical fruit juice (1.5 L)
- 6 small scoops fruit sorbet (mango, raspberry or orange)
- 6 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine diced fruit and fruit juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavour to develop.
2. Divide fruit gazpacho among 6 shallow bowls. Garnish each serving with a scoop of sorbet and a sprig of mint, if desired.
Pick fresh fruits of your family's choice to dice. Mango, pineapple, strawberries, whole blueberries, watermelon and kiwi all work well. Do not choose fruits that brown easily, such as apples, pears or bananas.
NUTRIENTS Per Serving:
- Calories: 186
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrate: 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.0 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Sodium: 12 mg
- Very high in: vitamin C
- High in: folacin
- Source of: vitamin A, thiamine,vitamin B6, magnesium,fibre
Reprinted with permission © Simply Great Food. Dietitians of Canada. 2007. Published by Robert Rose Inc. http://www.dietitians.ca/Store.aspx