Through my experiences as a health professional, I realize that being active and improving your fitness level doesn’t require lots of expensive equipment or a fancy gym membership.
Since I operate out of a home office for part of the week and since I don’t talk about myself much in these blogs, this posting provides the perfect opportunity to let you in on why I keep fit while at home.
Reasons why I like to work out at home:
- It’s convenient and I don’t have to worry about being judged by others
- Since no one else is around, I have less of a chance of getting sick from colds and the flu being passed around
- It’s cheap...no membership required!
- I can blast my music as loud as I want, to pump myself up :P
- I can multitask and tick things off my personal or work to-do list while my muscles recover from each set.
At the end of the day my body feels great and if I don't have time to get out for my daily 30 minute walk, I don't feel as bad because of what I was able to do throughout the day.
If you would like more advice on keeping in shape at home please call the physical activity line toll free: 1-877-725-1149.
If you want some more info on at home workouts please let us know by starting a discussion and I would be more than happy to write out a simple full body workout that anyone can do in their home.
Stay tuned as next week we’ll focus on five ways I keep fit throughout the day.
Keep Positive, Keep Smiling, and Keep MOVING!