We’ve all heard that being active helps to improve our health, quality of life and the bonds between people. So there’s no better day to foster increased activity than on Family Day (a day dedicated to spending time with our loved ones).
Here are some ideas to take action this Family Day:
- Head to your local recreation center as they have lots of unique programming for the whole family. Take a look at their schedule prior to going to save time and plan accordingly
- Make your mark and hit one of the local walking trails in the neighbourhood for a nice adventure in the woods! http://walkbc.ca/ is a great resource and provides interactive maps to plan ahead
- Put your snow gear on and go for a snowshoe or X-country skiing expedition at one of your local mountains
- Speaking of mountains, consider taking the family snowboarding, downhill skiing, or tubing at one of ski resorts near you (we’re blessed in BC!) Some resorts may have great offers for Family Day! I hear Whistler is even offering a 50% discount on Feb 11!
- Looking for a more cost effective downhill thrill? Hit the local ravine for some awesome tobogganing
- Sharpen your skates, put your helmets on and go skating or play stick and puck at the local public ice rink
- Bring Back Play!
- Do you or a family member live with a disability? The Active Living Alliance has some great ideas on how to keep active in a variety of ways!
Need more inspiration? Call the Physical Activity Line for free guidance: 8-1-1
Keep Positive, Keep Smiling & Keep MOVING!