Small investments in your health can add up to a lifetime of health benefits.
That's why as an incentive, 50,000 participating patients who have received a Personal Health Risk Assessment from their physicians, will be eligible for a one-time subsidy of up to $50 towards a physical activity or nutrition program. This could include a gym membership, physical activity based recreation program, or personal nutrition counselling.
To apply for the subsidy fill out and mail the Physical Activity and Nutrition Program Subsidy Application form to:Ministry of Health
Prescription for Health Program
5 – 3, 1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, B.C. V8W 3C8
Don't forget to include the original receipt from the physical activity or nutrition program. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your claim. Separate subsidy applications must be submitted for each family member.
Below is a table of eligible physical activity or nutrition programs to help you decide if your program meets the criteria for subsidy reimbursement.
ELIGIBLE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
PROGRAMS OR SERVICES
- Recreation centre membership
- Private gym or club membership
- Fitness classes or lessons
- Swimming, yoga, running, walking, skating, cycling …
- Registration in programs or services delivered through a registered BC provincial sport organization (and/or its member clubs or associations)
- Physical activity program or service delivered by a:
ELIGIBLE NUTRITION PROGRAMS
- Grocery store tours led by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Nutrition workshop delivered by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- List of Registered Dietitians in BC
- Private practice Registered Dietitian (RD) services (including counselling and/or meal planning development)
- Find a Private Practice Registered Dietitian
- Health Authority weight management programs