Small investments in your health can add up to a lifetime of health benefits.
That's why as an incentive, 50,000 participating patients who have received a Personal Health Risk Assessment from their physicians, will be eligible for a one-time subsidy of up to $50 towards a physical activity or nutrition program.
This could include a gym membership, physical activity based recreation program, or personal nutrition counselling.
To apply for the subsidy fill out and mail the Physical Activity and Nutrition Program Subsidy Application form to:
Ministry of Health
Prescription for Health Program
5 – 3, 1515 Blanshard Street
Victoria, B.C. V8W 3C8
Don't forget to include the original receipt from the physical activity or nutrition program. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks to process your claim. Separate subsidy applications must be submitted for each family member.
Below are eligible physical activity or nutrition programs to help you decide if your program meets the criteria for subsidy reimbursement.
ELIGIBLE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY PROGRAMS OR SERVICES
- Recreation centre membership
- Private gym or club membership
- Fitness classes or lessons
- Swimming, yoga, running, walking, skating, cycling …
- Registration in programs or services delivered through a registered BC provincial sport organization (and/or its member clubs or associations)
- Physical activity program or service delivered by a:
ELIGIBLE NUTRITION PROGRAMS
- Grocery store tours led by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Nutrition workshop delivered by a Registered Dietitian (RD)
- List of Registered Dietitians in BC
- Private practice Registered Dietitian (RD) services (including counselling and/or meal planning development)
- Find a Private Practice Registered Dietitian
- Health Authority weight management programs
Physicians may contact the Ministry of Health at 250 952-2049 to order additional Rx for Health forms.