Healthy, active students are more productive and attentive in class - and feel better too.
Here are some ideas for getting more activity into your day:
- Get off the bus or park your car a few blocks away and walk the extra distance, with a friend.
- Ride your bike to campus a few times a week. Remember your helmet / safety gear.
- Take the stairs - even climbing two flights of stairs per day can lead to approximately 2.7 kg of weight loss over one year\
- Take advantage of on-campus recreational facilities; participate in community events and challenges on campus
- Be active in your spare time. Swim, cycle, jog, play games or work out by yourself or with a friend
- Join a club or recreational league. It's a great way to meet new people
- Take stretch and movement breaks from your studies every hour
- Set up walking study groups