For detailed information on alcohol and the impact it has on seniors’ health, as well as resources, research and ideas to help.
Alcohol use is closely tied to both physical and mental health. For detailed information on alcohol and the impact it has on seniors’ health, as well as resources, research and ideas to help with issues, please read more on the sites below.
- Alcohol and Aging: Know the Facts Summary
- For news, policy development, research and events, see the Centre for Addictions Research of BC and the Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Mental Health and Substance Use resources for BC seniors
- Here to Help provides information for seniors, individuals and families about mental health and substance use issues, as well as tools and information in eleven different languages
- Read about the evidence to support low-risk guidelines on Alcohol and Health in Canada (Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse, 2011)
- For information on how alcohol affects older adults and tips for practitioners, see the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health – frequently asked questions about older adults and alcohol
- Read the Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health (World Health Organization, 2011)